Definitely worth it!! 3.5” fmic plus titanium spot anodized is the way to go. Pure quality work and well packaged for its travels to you. Ask away any question you may have and you will have a response within 24hrs. The team is extremely helpful and will follow up on your satisfaction with the item of your choice. Only one thing I missing in the box I will say the instructions but they can be found on the website.
The install was a little difficult with no included instructions. However This Intercooler is absolutely amazing! I'm beyond impressed with the quality and attention too detail. There is such an "extreme" difference between the top mount my 2019 WRX STI came with and this Front Mount 3.5" I ordered. I only have a Cold Air Intake and A downpipe I put on from another reputable company with a Cobb Accessport tuner and Its simply put a monster of a car compared too stock! I dont even have a full exhaust on it yet! I have a radium AOS too install in it and a Radium FPR with some Fuel rails and upgrades on the way. ETS makes such a high quality product I would bet anyone with high horsepowered built motors that this Intercooler could handle any and all horsepower and torque ranges! Truly next level and my vehicle idles better stays cooler when running it hard and makes amazing bov sounds. Way less turbo lag almost none existent and it holds speed and rpms consistent with a smooth transition between ships at all rpms! 11 out of 10 stars!! Thank you for your amazing products. I would fully recommend this intercooler too any individual and the price tag seems nonexistent for the quality of the product.
Amazing quality and great customer service, especially in this awful pandemic.
ETS never fails with their quality and customer service. I will always use them for my personal cars and my customer's cars
Very impressed with how quickly the item was shipped, how easy it was to install and how good it looks! I almost went with a Perrin kit and was steered to ETS by multiple professional mechanics. Very happy with my purchase!
Tired of heat soak? We don't blame you!
It's time to upgrade to an intercooler that is designed specifically for the 2015+ STI with performance in mind. Unlike other manufacturers, we design all of our cores per application, which results in the absolute best performing intercooler on the market.
All of our cores feature an offset and staggered internal and external fin pack. The external fin pack is dense for maximum heat transfer, where the internal fin pack is less dense for maximum flow and performance. The key is finding the perfect balance between the two, which is what we do per application.
It's common for customers to be drawn to cheaper alternatives. Unfortunately, those intercoolers are cheap for a reason! Most cheap intercoolers utilize a straight-through internal fin pack, which acts more like a tunnel than a splitter; This result is much higher/hotter intake air temps, which then leads to timing reduction, knock, misfires, detonation, etc.
The ETS 2015+ STI Intercooler is designed to perform!
- We start by locating the inlets and outlets in the middle of the core, which allows for proper air distribution and flows throughout the core.
- Each inlet and outlet are hands ported to reduce turbulence and promote maximum flow. We've seen other manufacturers simply weld on a tube and not deburr the inside, which creates excess turbulence and disrupts airflow through the core.
The proof is in the results!
- HiBoost Solutions ran a 9.23 @ 141 on this exact same intercooler set up. This was a full weight car!
- Massive 26" wide intercooler core - Designed for maximum heat transfer and minimal pressure drop
- Core Size: 26" Wide, 11.37" Tall and 3.0", 3.5", 4.0" or 5.0" Thick.
- Precision tig welded construction
- Lightweight end tanks design
- Hand ported inlet and outlet for optimal flow
- ETS logo stenciled on intercooler.
- Available in 3.0", 3.5", 4.0" and 5.0" core thickness.
- Core Anodizing Options - Blue, Red, Black, Gold, and Purple.
- Every intercooler is pressure tested to 50 psi
- Every product is cleaned and inspected prior to shipment.
- Fins are protected/covered during shipment to prevent damage.
- Inlet and outlet tubes are sealed to prevent any packing material from entering the intercooler as well as keep debris out during install.
- 2015+ Subaru STI
Intercooler Piping Kits (Sold Separately)
- Every ETS 2015+ STI Intercooler Piping Kits is CNC mandrel bent out of 304 stainless steel for maximum performance, flow, durability and most of all, reliability.
- ETS Spec 4-ply silicone couplers are designed for high heat/turbocharged applications.
- High-quality t-bolt clamps are provided to ensure a leak-free seal.
- Optional blow off valve flanges available (Stock, TiAL, Turbosmart, Etc.)
- High-Quality Mounting Hardware
The ETS 2015+ Titanium Piping Kit is the perfect upgrade for those wanting to maximize performance and shed weight. We have a beautiful burned finish available as pictured below as well as a brushed finish for those that want to remain inconspicuous.
Available Titanium Finishes
- Brushed (no color/raw finish)
- Burned (as pictured below)
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
If I add an aftermarket BOV do I need to add the AIT Bung?
The AIT Bung is for a sensor needed to run Speed Density. If you are running the Stock MAF you won't need this.
hi can you tell me what's the shipping weight of this item please, thanks
Shipping weight should be between 45-50lbs.
How can I get red pipes instead of the crinkle black?
Unfortunately we do not have an option for red pipes at this time. We can send the pipes to you in raw stainless steel and you can have a local powder coater coat them. If you would like to proceed with this option please note in the comments that you would like the pipes to be raw finish. Thank you!
Does the rotated intercooler piping work with a stock intake manifold for a wrx sti 2018 ?
Yes it does!
Will this kit fit a fp blue turbocharger ?
Yes, just select the stock replacement turbo option.
I have the turbo smart dual port BOV on my 2016 wrx and I bought the fmic from you all. Will I have any problems with it fitting?
Yes, just make sure you select the stock BOV flange. The dual port uses a stock BOV flange.
Will your 2015 STi Front mount kit fit with the Cobb SF intake & SF intake Box?
It does not work with the box unfortunately
whats the difference between brushed titanium and spot anodized? also whats difference between stock turbo and stock replacement turbo? i plan on running this with stock turbo for now, and then upgrade stock location down the road. would i have to get different piping if i do?
Here is a break down on the piping differences and routing.
- Wrinkle Black - Powder Coated Wrinkle Black Stainless Steel Piping.
- Titanium (Brushed) - Brushed Titanium without any color.
- Titanium (Spot Anodized) - Burned Titanium with blue, purple and gold anodized onto the pipe surface.
Pipe Routing Differences
- Stock Replacement Turbo (larger compressor cover outlet) - This piping kit uses a 2.0" turbo coupler instead of 1.75" turbo coupler.
- Stock Turbo (factory size compressor cover outlet) - This piping kit uses a 1.75" outlet coupler.
- Rotated (ETS Turbo Kit) - Designed to work with an ETS Rotated Turbo Kit.